[Public-list] Props and prop shafts

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 12:52:24 PDT 2006

Thanks Calliope, Emmy, Sonsy, for the opinions on engine replacement.   Joe
Demers, the Beta dealer in Newington Conn. said that there is a 16 hp model
now, and it caught my attention.

I'm thinking of going from a 7/8" shaft to 1". Has anyone done this? If so,
was there any problem finding a cutlass bearing housing that fit into the hull
 without renovations?

I want to go with a two blade vs. a three. Joe recommends a wide blade, two
blade. Sounds right. Anyone have any thoughts? What about materials; did I
hear  that there are composite (plastic) propellers out there, and if so, has
anyone had any experience with them?

Thx as always,
Lee
Stargazer #255