[Public-list] Atomic 4 compression

Bob Crinion bob at fox.nstn.ca
Wed Jul 5 07:29:20 PDT 2006

My Atomic 4 behaved exactly like your engine did when I bought the boat.

In my situation it turned out to be old gas in the fuel tank.
I drained the tank and added new fuel.
I also changed the main carb gasket that separates the top from the bottom
half of the carb and a new fuel filter.

It worked fine after that.

My engine revs at 1900 rpm @ 6.2 kts in flat water.
I have a 11" X 7" pitch 2 bladed prop.
I use Castrol 5 W 40 synthetic oil and burn premium unleaded gasoline.
It seems to burn slightly less than a gallon an hour in moderate conditions.

-bob
A30 #560