[Public-list] Holding tanks for older A30s

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 11 17:11:07 PDT 2006

Peter Staehling wrote:
> I bought a Raritan tank from an owner of an older
> Alberg because it didn't fit his boat.
>
> FWIW: I was happy to get it at a good price, but it
> didn't fit my boat like I thought it should.  I wound
> up mounting it with the forward edge a lot higher than
> the aft edge.  Since the vent is on the high end it
> works out OK, but I wouldn't have designed it that
> way.  It does work fine though and is out of site so I
> am happy.

Yeah, that's what I found (see http://alberg30.org/maintenance/Head/).
It's because the fittings are on the outside of the tank, instead of
inset like the older group purchase.  The older tanks barely/almost fit
the older boats, but the newer ones, don't.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash