[Public-list] Adequate Inspection of Bronze fittings and SSChainplates

Peter Amos peteamos at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 09:37:01 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Connolly" <crufone at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Public List Alberg" <public-list at alberg30.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:16 PM
Subject: [Public-list] Adequate Inspection of Bronze fittings and
SSChainplates
Michael,I wont comment on the turnbuckles,I know nothing about testing them.
Re the chainplates:I inspected mine a year or so ago.They were a disaster
waiting to happen Holes were ovalised,there were cracks across holes and
when I took out the 1/4" machine screws several of the heads fell off. I
replaced the lot,new chainplates and 5/16" bolts.They are not too difficult
to get at and inspect and the effort is well worthwhile.
Pete TaitTait #478