[Public-list] Removal of brass temperature sensor

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Sun Jul 16 04:38:57 PDT 2006

On most mechanical parts ...

Heat will help but the one that said heat the brass fitting directly is
WRONG!
TO free a stuck bolt,threaded fitting ALWAYS heat the metal of the
surrounding area being sure not to heat the the actual threaded fitting
you are removing.

You might - since you motor is running fine, run the motor for a time to
get the entire block warmed up. Soak the area at the threads with WD-40 or
my favorite DeepCreep(Seafoam). Then add a little extra heat around the
area of the temp sensor on the Head. then try turning off with a VERY
LARGE Crescent Wrench. These work best as you will NOT slip. A grip wrench
will destroy the surface area. Though that may not be an issue ... it may
be in the long run.

That shuold do it.

Also on putting the new sensor in - Use teflon tape around the threads
just like plumbing.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57