[Public-list] repowering

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 19:55:01 PDT 2006

I have $0.02 here as well. I replaced my Atom Bomb with a 16 hp Beta this
past winter. I have only been using the boat for a few weeks, but I love it!
It is awesome!

Personally, I think that 20 hp is too much. I am not sure you can put that
much power into the water with a 2 blade propeller anyway. I wanted a
2-blade not a 3 blade. But this is a subject of some debate. I know that
others have used bigger motors and are convinced that they are worth the
extra money and weight. I like the small size of the 16 hp motor and the
lighter weight. It left me plenty of space in the engine room for my
strainer, fuel filter, and good access to all sides of the motor.

So far I am very happy with the 16 hp and 13x8 2 blade propeller. I'll let
you know if I have trouble.

Later,

J Bergquist
Calliope #287