[Public-list] fiberglass strength

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 18 16:08:00 PDT 2006

Glenn,

I wouldn't worry too much.  It won't all break down at once.  The
tabbing to bulkheads is likely to work loose over time, but that's
pretty easy to see and correct.  Polyester resin is relatively stable in
UV, and the coloring in the gelcoat blocks the UV from going deeper.
The hull is quite thick.

All in all, I think there are more likely things to worry about.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash