[Public-list] Engine Problem

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Jul 24 05:23:26 PDT 2006

Don Moyer's website has lots of discussion about diagnosing problems.
Your problem sounds engine temperature-related, so the coil is the
likely culprit, but it could be the electronic ignition too. If you run
the engine to the point it quits, you can use his procedures to first
check the coil, then the distrutor/electronic ignition.

IF the spark is ok, you can deliver fuel with a squeeze bulb to check
the fuel pump.
When you install the electric fuel pump you also put in an oil-pressure
cutoff switch - are you sure your oil pressure isn't dropping way low at
high temp?  You can also put in a bypass switch for the cutoff.

Mike

Michael J. Meinhold / SAIC
2111 Eisenhower Ave, Suite 303, Alexandria, VA 22314
703 842 2606 / michael.j.meinhold at saic.com