[Public-list] Engine Problem

SwiftLaw at aol.com SwiftLaw at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 06:54:57 PDT 2006

I had a very similar experience. It was impossible to diagnose for  everyone.
Here's what happened. Caveat - I still have the mechanical fuel  pump.

It seems that a pin hole leak had developed in the metal fuel collector. So
When the boat listed or even tossed a bit, the fuel covering the pin hole leak
 would move and an air bubble would make its way into the system. Resulting
in a  cut out of the engine. Ten minutes later she would run again for a bit.

the fix was a daub of solvent proof epoxy over the pin hole.

If your engine will run with the boat stable (i.e. Not under way in any  sort
of a seaway.) Consider finding a source in the new system that allows air
into the fuel line intermittently.