[Public-list] A30 Yawl Plans

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Jul 26 17:08:11 PDT 2006

Roger L Kingsland wrote:
> I recall reading that Alberg wanted to place the A30 mast 2 feet aft of
> current location but Witby didn't, resulting in a short(er) masthead rig
> with low aspect main

Actually, the story is that Carl Alberg designed a 7/8's rig boat, like
the Triton, and Whitby decided to switch to masthead.  Since the molds
were already made, the location of the mast couldn't be moved to
accommodate that change and the rig had to be shortened, instead.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash