[Public-list] Alberg 30 wanted

David Parkes davidparkes at ns.aliantzinc.ca
Sun Jun 4 17:20:52 PDT 2006

Don,
I have an Alberg 30 on Lake Champlain, Vermont.   The hull, deck, sails,
rigging and thru hulls are all in good condition and I have a new dodger on
the way here from Genco in Toronto.  I'm not yet sure what needs to be done
to the engine; I've purchased a used Atomic 4 for parts, just in case (it
was convenient and not very expensive) and I intend to drive to Vermont next
weekend (June 9- 12), take out the engine, bring it home and overhaul it.
Given that it ran two years ago and still turns over, and the compression is
low on 3 cylinders I'm hoping it's just valves.  However, if it needs rings,
or bearings, then that is what I'll do.  The plan is to return to Vermont on
July 5, install the engine and sail for home via Lake Champlain and the St.
Lawrence River.  I've found a company in Wilmington Vermont who will do the
overhaul for a reasonable cost, but I figure that if I have to take the
engine out and put it in the car anyway, I may as well bring it home.  Due
to changing circumstances I am now willing to sell the Alberg 30 where is,
as is.  Are you interested?
David Parkes
(902) 826 7710