[Public-list] Cockpit floor

Bill Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 13 05:40:23 PST 2006

The cockpit on SallyB #441 has nonskid that looks like it was glued down
years ago. It is hard as a rock and cracking. As pieces break off it is
taking everything off down to the wood floor. I am going to have to grind
everything down to the wood. My question is what I should use to build it
back to give the cockpit both its strength and water tightness.

I have never done this type of repair and your words of experience would be
great help.
There is a man in Charleston who can do this for me, but I would rather not
pay him $70/hr. I feel like this is something I should be able to do myself.

Bill