[Public-list] Wood Insets in Seat Tops Again

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 12:59:34 PST 2006

I had assumed that the plywood panels in the seat tops
were molded in, but after a better look I am in doubt.

They look like they may be able to be removed intact.
Possibly they could even be fixed up with a new veneer
and reinstalled.

Anyone taken these panels out successfully?  Or is
routing them out the only option?  I see that there
are plugs near the corners.  Are they just held in
with screws?

On another note, does anyone know where to buy 5/4
white oak in the Baltimore area?

I am anxious to get back to work after a shoulder
injury resulting from a fall when a 6' Werner
fiberglass step ladder folded up under me Saturday.
The doctor gave me the go ahead to use the shoulder as
the pain allows today.  I think I can do some not too
strenuous work with it now and hope it will heal
quickly.

Pete Staehling
#554 Aurora