[Public-list] Wood Insets in Seat Tops Again

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Mar 14 16:07:04 PST 2006

Peter Staehling wrote:
> I had assumed that the plywood panels in the seat tops
> were molded in, but after a better look I am in doubt.
>
> They look like they may be able to be removed intact.
> Possibly they could even be fixed up with a new veneer
> and reinstalled.

It depends on how they were put in, which was likely by a previous
owner.  One of mine came out on it's own, though it was split in the
process.  It was a solid teak plank, however, not plywood.  Maybe this
will be the year I get around to putting it back down.

> I am anxious to get back to work after a shoulder
> injury resulting from a fall when a 6' Werner
> fiberglass step ladder folded up under me Saturday.
> The doctor gave me the go ahead to use the shoulder as
> the pain allows today.  I think I can do some not too
> strenuous work with it now and hope it will heal
> quickly.

Ouch!  You can make a gel cold-pack with one part rubbing alcohol to
four parts water.  Double bag it in ziplocs and put it in the freezer.
It won't freeze completely solid, and works even better than frozen peas.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash