[Public-list] Anchor and Rode

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 06:12:08 PST 2006

This talk about anchor chain makes me wonder...
I would have thought an all chain rode might be
overkill here in  the Chesapeake Bay.

What anchor and rode combination do you Chesapeake Bay
sailors use?

I have no experience with the A30 yet, but I would
guess that a 20 lb Danforth, 20' of 5/16" chain, and
100' of 7/16" nylon would be about right for most
conditions here.  A smaller lunch hook with lighter
nylon and no chain is probably OK for mild conditions
when the boat is attended.

What do those who range to the Keys and the Carribean
find they need?

Pete