[Public-list] Boarding Ladders

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Thu Mar 30 17:05:26 PST 2006

>I guess wearing the safety harness while on deck is the >best technique. Has
>anyone actually fallen overboard wearing one?

I used to jump overboard holding a line while
sailing-before my imagination got the better of me, using
myself as fish bait, AKA Waterworld. Anyway, at much more
that 1 1/2-2 knots it would be very difficult to get out
of the water-ladder or not. Any kind of a sea the easiest
way is to pull myself up over the gunwale. Another reason
I like Albergs-the gunwale is low enought I can do that.

That is assuming a fully concious, physically capable
person, of course. Otherwise I have a rig ala Gord w/
bosun's chair and mainsheet on end of boom

MichaelGrosh