[Public-list] Halyard back to cockpit

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Mon May 1 06:22:39 PDT 2006

> We would like to install blocks to bring the main halyard, topping lift
> and one set of reef lines back to the cockpit (A30 #637).  We would like
> to have the lines at deck level moving up a step as the main cabin roof
> steps up.

george
My original setup followed the deck line and did cause some extra
friction.  When it came time to replace the blocks because the wire rope
damaged them I could not find one of sufficient size to work, and since I
did not use any part of the coach roof below the boom I decided to run the
lines directly across the lower coach roof  without any problems this
eliminated 2 blocks per line.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380