[Public-list] Galley Sink Fixture

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 04:08:28 PDT 2006

Aurora currently has a plunger type pump at the galley
sink.  The rubber parts seem to be in good shape and
it seems to be working as well as it is going to,
but...

It takes forever to pump a pint of water.  It comes
out in high speed pulses that splash out of the sink.
If I were to persevere and pump until I had a quart of
water I think my bad shoulder would give out!

I really don't plan to drink water from the tank, but
need something that works better for hand washing,
dish washing etc.  What do the rest of you use?  On my
previous boat we had a similar pump and I just carried
gallon jugs and used water directly from them.  I
would really prefer to get an adequate pump and
faucet.

I wonder about the Whale flipper pump and the various
foot pumps (Defender lists two sizes of Whale foot
pumps and a Thetford).  I wouldn't completely rule out
electric either.  I would just as soon not spend much,
but will spend what it takes to get something that
works well.

So what do you all recommend?

Pete
#554 Aurora