[Public-list] HELP! Bulkhead Problem

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 29 18:33:59 PDT 2006

Yes, people have replace entire bulkheads.  Gail & Bob Phillips replaced
one in #11, for example.  They used marine plywood.

The problem is not in the materials Whitby used in the bulkheads.  The
problem is in not keeping them dry.  If you don't keep the water on the
outside of the boat, you're going to have problems.  Period.

I know of no bulkheads that have been kept dry that have failed.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash