[Public-list] Hard on the Rocks

SwiftLaw at aol.com SwiftLaw at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 12:27:23 PST 2006

My boat  Sirius # 222 was one of the unfortunates broken free during last
Sunday’s  storm in Massachusetts and hard up on the rocks in Padanaram harbor.
(You can  log on to _http://www.cruisingworld.com_
(http://www.cruisingworld.com/)  to get the story and  photos.)
No holes in  the badly scarred hull but she is now rudderless. However she
boasts a  watertight hull with rigging fully intact.
I had to  sever the rudder shaft to get her free. I thought I better start
now with my  request for suggestions on replacing the rudder including the
bronze shoe next  to the keel. All suggestions are welcome.
ts