[Public-list] Winterising an Atomic 4

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Tue Nov 14 09:46:56 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 03:42:34PM -0500, John Boor wrote:
> It seems redundant to me to run antifreeze through the engine and then
> open 2 of the 3 drain plugs.  Up here in Canada I just fog the engine open
> all 3 drain plugs and the muffler and thats it.  I have done this for the
> last 9 years without any problems.

I shut off the gas line, clamp the bypass hose, hook up the antifreeze(2gal),
and then run the engine until the gas cuts out. There's typicall been
enough gas in the lines to drain the antifreeze, and suck a little air
through. Then I leave the hose unhooked from the seacock, letting any
remaining antifreeze drain into the bilge, ghange the oil while the
engine is warm, and fog the cylinders.

I used to try and just keep it warm, but lost power for the better part
of a realy cold day, and consequently lost an engine that way.

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristofer Coward				http://unripe.melon.org/