[Public-list] U.S. Coast Guard Documentation of an Alberg 30

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 10 08:34:14 PDT 2006

            Hello all,

  During this next month I am planning to go through the process to Document my Alberg 30.  I understand that our little boat is about the smallest that the Coast Guard will Document.

  Does the CBAA have a consensus on the data used to fill in the application?  There always seems to be some discussion on the list as to what the draft, LOA, and Displacement is.  These boats should all be the same in that regard.

  Perhaps I could just contact the Coast Guard and see what the average measurements they have on the documented Alberg 30's?!!

  Most importantly, I would like to hear pointers from those who have documented their boats.  What are the sticky points and has anyone been denied Documentation?

  Thank you,

  Michael Connolly
  # 131 Lorrie Rose