[Public-list] U.S. Coast Guard Documentation of an Alberg 30

Bill Burke BurkeNH at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 19:25:22 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,
Above all, go to the USCG documentation website and complete the interactive
form to calculate your net tonnage
(http://www.uscg.mil/hq/msc/T3/cg5397/cg5397.form.htm) BEFORE you send
anything in to the Coast Guard.  If you submit numbers that generate a net
tonnage below 5 you'll dig yourself a hole that it will be difficult to get
out of...

I'd recommend against just calling the CG and asking for average
measurements.   Measure your boat yourself, check the numbers and you
shouldn't have a problem.  And as you've seen from discussion on the list,
remember that "depth" isn't draft...

Bill Burke