[Public-list] Thomas Point Lighthouse/Chesapeake Bay

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Tue Oct 17 19:38:14 PDT 2006

This seemed worthy of sending along.

Andy
Savannah Rose #477
St. Mary's River,  MD

Please take a moment out of your hectic lives and help a local Maryland
lighthouse.  Five lucky lighthouses are now the finalists in the 2006
JELD-WEN® Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative. These beacons were
chosen by a panel of judges among nearly 40 nominees from Alaska to
Florida
and Maine to Hawai'i. Now it's your turn to help select the one
lighthouse
most deserving of new JELD-WEN custom windows and doors.

On behalf of the U.S. Lighthouse Society, Thomas Point Lighthouse needs
help to win a competition for new windows.  Jeld-Wen Windows is running a

competition, 2006 JELD-WEN® Reliable Lighthouse Restoration Initiative,
pick the most popular lighthouse.  The winning lighthouse will get their
old windows replaced with new.  All we need to do is visit the Jeld-Wen
web
site and vote for Thomas Point.

http://www.jeld-wen.com/lighthouse/

When you get to the website, just click on the dot to the LEFT of the
Thomas Point Lighthouse photo, then click on "vote."

Please help if you can -- and thanks for helping our favorite beacon on
the
Bay.  And forward this along to your friends so we can get lots of votes
in!

"There is more to sailing than ropes and winches, cleats and bulging
sails.
There are faraway places and the ever changing light, and the silence,
and a
great peace at the bottom of your soul." - Ferenc Maté