[Public-list] inverter

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 11 07:42:39 PDT 2006

We stopped using shackles on genoa & jib clews a number of years ago. We use
a continuous line mid spliced to the clew which reduces sheet hang-up during
tacks. I highly recommend it, particularly on roller furlers as you seldom
change sails. We keep a spare set of sheets if we have to change out sails
for tying on. On Chutes we use a shackle and Gord's line is ideal for that
purpose.

Hope this is a help.
Cheers,
John