[Public-list] Atomic 4 parts & info needed

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Sun Oct 15 07:49:08 PDT 2006

> I have done my A4 a couple of times  if the rubber mounts look bad
replace  I used a piece of old exhaust hose but later found at an auto
parts store rubber used on exhaust pipe hangers, to me this would be a
better option.  With reguard to the newer engine do a compression check
before installation, since the manifold cannot be removed  with engine
installed spend the money to replace it. On my fist rebuild I did not do
some small items and later this was a source of worry all the time, do
it once and do it right.  As final note I make it a rule to remove as
much as possible from the engine before removal and installation
espicially the carborator and reinstall as the last item  after
alignment.

Good look
John Boor
MAHSEER #380 (mid 1969)

I am thinking of finally swapping out my old Atomic 4 with a better one