[Public-list] inverter

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:55:28 PDT 2006

Mike-

Thanks for the datapoint.

I am planning to power xmas lights for the light parade, in addition to some
other things (similar to you laptop, boom box, maybe a small vacuum). In the
past I have always rented a genset for light parade. Having an inverter will
allow me to avoid the expense, noise, and smell. I know it's kind of a weird
reason, but to me it makes sense. The xmas light strands are ~25w each so a
125w inverter only gets 5 strands, and I will probably use at least 10.
1000W is probably more than necessary but it's a compromise.

I have no plan to install a microwave. I hate them.

My laptop power supply advertises 3.34a @ 19.5v so about 60w, would work
fine on the 125w power supply.

Later,