[Public-list] Depth transducers

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 16 18:01:43 PDT 2006

Bill -

Mine is located right where you said.  There was a bronze thru-hull one
there when I bought the boat.  When it died, I bought a nice Standard bronze
thru-hull one to replace it.  That one lasted 1-1/2 years, and died early in
the season.  I replaced it with a power-boat type fish finder, and mounted
the transducer in as close to the same spot as possible.  That was 3 years
ago, and it still works well.  Of course, it almost never sees the far side
of 20 feet, so reduced range is not a problem.  I probably won't go with the
thru-hull transducers again.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229