[Public-list] gps questions

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Sat Oct 21 15:22:12 PDT 2006

J... Going in that direction, a marvelous, FREE, chartplotting program is
called SEACLEAR ( http://www.sping.com/seaclear/ ). Now that the NOAA BSB's
are freely downloadable ( http://chartmaker.noaa.gov/mcd/enc/download.htm
)you can use your laptop as an expensive chartplotter with the same
features. You can also use your Garmin GPS II+ to drive it with a serial
cable. Get the Garmin power-data cable available much cheaper from third
parties than the Garmin version.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181