[Public-list] #2

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 06:25:42 PDT 2006

Gordon-

Can you tell me rough dimensions, cloth weight, and wind range for your #3?

Also, what do people consider the correct wind range for using a #2? Having
never had one, I have no real idea. I was thinking something like 18-25
knots. Is that about right? Speaking of wind ranges...my thought is as
follows:

0-12 full main, full #1.
12-18 Full #1, reefed main
18-22 #2, Full main
23-28 #2, Reefed main
Over 28, #3, reefed main.

thoughts? Does that sound about right? Again, sorry if these are dumb
questions. I am not a very experienced keelboat sailor... Not used to having
3 different headsails.