[Public-list] Mast Wiring Connectors/Main Halyard Sheaves

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Wed Sep 6 09:30:39 PDT 2006

I've just finished taking the mast down for the first time.  In the
process I discovered that the mast had been hard-wired to the boat, and
we had to cut the wires in order to take it down.

I am now looking for a means to connect two wires at the deck, one two
conductor and one three conductor.  West marine sells a five conductor
Aqua Signal setup that looks fairly substantial, possibly more
substantial (bigger) than I'm really looking for.  Does anyone have a
preferred waterproof plug/affixation method for this application?

Thanks,

Andrew
Andante - 152

P.S. Test sheave two went in earlier this week without any issues and
fits perfectly.  I will get the checks assembled and confirm the final
order on the list before sending everything out.  The line halyard I
chose was a 5/16ths, 3/8ths would probably work just fine as well, but I
felt it was more windage and unnecessary weight aloft for a fairly minor
gain in handling ease at deck level.  Just my comments for those who
intend to switch to rope with the change.

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.