[Public-list] Mast Wiring Connectors/Main Halyard Sheaves

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Sep 6 09:49:46 PDT 2006

Others may cringe but the most reliable connectors I have found are simple
car trailer connectors.  I wish the wires were a little heavier - but they
seem to be the easiest to keep working.

I caulk the heck out of the place where the wires come through the deck
beside the mast...and tape up the connector once the male and female are
plugged in.  I have used a variety of expensive made-for-the-purpose
connectors; all failed.

Gord #426 Surprise