[Public-list] Mast Wiring Connectors/Main Halyard Sheaves

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Wed Sep 6 11:22:49 PDT 2006

I agree, Gord.  I have used a 4-wire trailer connector for several seasons without even having to reseat the connector to re-establish a good connection (like I often have to do on the truck because of road crud).   The only suggestion I might add is to be sure to cover the wires completely with tape or heat shrink tubing to protect it from the UV,  otherwise the insulation on them will start cracking after only a few seasons.  I too tape the connector once it is plugged together.

That said,  Gord , you and I are sailing on fresh water.   If I was on salt water and/or only took the mast down once in a blue moon,  then I would probably do as Andrew suggested and feed the wires [ unbroken ] through those great looking clams and make all the connections inside.

Cheers,    Rod