[Public-list] rudder post leaking

John Malthouse jmaltcontact at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 12:13:02 PDT 2006

Hi All
It's been a while, but I keep reading to expand my knowledge.
Yes my weeping keel, well I discovered that through my bildge water/bilge
cleaner was seeping out the bottom of my rudder post. So where water can
come out it must also be able to go in when below the waterline. While
cleaning my bildge I found some loose apoxy type material and once removed
the bildge cleaner came out my rudder post and my drain holes in the bottom
of the keel.
So I am also interested in rudder post removal/repair and what ever was
patched in the bottom of my bildge, geuss I'll be removing my engine again
My A30 Mannin did not make it into the water this year, but I did remove all
the osmosis from my A22 at the waterline and have had a great late summer
sailing her on lake Simcoe.

John