[Public-list] Halyard Sheaves and Rope Halyard Question

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:13:18 PDT 2006

I have seen a Pearson Triton owner install one. There is a pretty exhaustive
discussion of the process here:

http://www.triton381.com/projects/restoration/cockpitstructure3.htm

Scroll about halfway down. The triton is also a Carl Alberg design very
similar to our boats (2 feet shorter).

My boat has a screw-in inspection plate in the cockpit directly above the
stuffing box. Fortunately I now have dripless stuffing box, so I never have
to adjust the packing nut (sweet).

I don't think it's worth installing a big cockpit access hatch unless you
REALLY need to. It's a big hole in a pretty critical part of the boat's
watertight integrity.

Later,

JB