[Public-list] Halyard Sheaves and Rope Halyard Question

Tom S. tom.s at insightbb.com
Fri Sep 1 15:49:15 PDT 2006

When I first purchased my Alberg it already had an inexpensive cockpit
hatch in the forward portion of the cockpit floor. In that it    leaked
like a sieve I had no choice except to replace it. I looked all over for
something I felt would be satisfactory and I finally bit the bullet and
bought one of those Bomar "cast aluminum"  powder coated white ones from
Hamilton Marine. I have never regretted it.

I DO NOT believe that it compromised the integrity of the cockpit floor.
It is very strong and sets in a cast aluminum frame.

The only downside down side I can see is the cost ($370.00 I believe)
but I bet a group purchase might be possible. There are just so many
things I can not imagine being able to do to this boat without this access.

I will send pictures when I get a chance.

Tom s