[Public-list] Mast Wiring Connectors/Main Halyard Sheaves

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Wed Sep 6 10:42:25 PDT 2006

Hi Andrew,

Blue Seas makes an all weather cable cam thru deck fitting which completely seals the electrical cord where it runs throgh the deck.  I used four of these to run all my new mast wiring down thru the deck.  Then connected the wiring below decks with a standard bus from which the various interior wiring harnesss run back to the main panel.  This works great and does not leak.

the trick is to drill the proper sized  hole into the rubber gasket sealer ( see picture on in the enclosed web site)  These things work 1000% better than the old two prong metal deck plugs.

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/ln_menu/product.asp/mode/1/product_id/9547/letter/B/No/170/N/4294873303/Ne/103/sID/44FE0F802023BCFF/R/21918/act/A01/catalog_name/FISCO/Ntx/mode+matchpartial+rel+Inactive/Shopby/Shop+By+Brand/Ns/P_Sort

This fisheries supply place is a local marine supplier in puget sound.  I image the blue seas part could be found at other local suppliers.

the blue sea part number is 	B/S#1001, or 1003, or 1003, depending on diameter.  I think I used the 1001 or 02.

BTW, square insulatged two strand boat wire can be wrapped with electrical tape to assume a more rounded shape, or the round hole in the rubber gasket can be squared up with a box knife....If cut a little undersize the rubber fits tightly around the wire.

regards

Glenn
S/V Dolce

From: "Cole, Andrew L" <andrew.cole at llff.com>