[Public-list] A few rookie questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Sep 19 19:26:44 PDT 2006

Ed,

I was talking about the metal piece in the cockpit of the newer boats.
You can see it in the photos on
http://alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/ArticulatedTiller/ but it's
mostly covered with mainsheet.

Rebedding that isn't hard.  Take off the tiller head (loosen the clamp
bolt and tap upwards with a piece of wood).  Unscrew the four screws in
the corners.  Lift up.  Clean everything.  Mask around it with tape.
Bed it with lots of caulk.  Put everything back.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash