[Public-list] Deck Cracks

Roger L Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Thu Sep 21 08:23:23 PDT 2006

Don,

Understanding the tendency for "the page" to wander from time to time, it is
good to know the deck composition of #528 which, I assume, since the numbers
are close, is similar to good old #148.  Do you happen to know the
composition of the other two you mentioned and if there is any way we can
tell which way our boats were constructed.

More to the point, it appears Mr. Marmei was, in fact, referring to an area
of the deck that you confirmed is pretty thick, that being where the deck
meets the hull in the "doghouse" (boy, sounds like those dogs have it made;
I wonder what accommodations they have on land).  Anyway, the overall point
seems to be, even if the entire deck isn't really, really thick, filling
hairline cracks with wax might be a good way to keep water out of the core.
Does that sound reasonable to you or do you think George's more drastic
churchkey technique is necessary?

All the best,

Roger

Roger Kingsland