[Public-list] Deck cracks

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 21 14:11:53 PDT 2006

Rather than have George take all the heat, I'll throw a quarter on the drum.  Wax and other soft materials sounds more like a short term "fix".  I would (and have) use the church key solution.  Putting wax in the crack is in the long term just going to make the repair harder because you will have to insure that no wax remains to prevent the epoxy from bonding.  Other tools for digging out the cracks include small screwdrivers, Exacto knives and small nails.  Enjoy.

When you get good on the hairline cracks, let me know and I'll let you work on a teak deck - same game, bigger mess.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs.