[Public-list] Fw: boom vang

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 22 13:24:56 PDT 2006

Assuming that you secure the lower end of the black/tackle boom vang to the mast base, the best angle would be 45 degrees. However, that would not give you much pull down on the boom other than near the gooseneck. Therefor I suggest that, instead of going out on tthe boom 4 ft (the same dimension as the height of the boom from the mast base), go out 5 ft. You will still get sufficient down pull to control the sail leech. Ed. Schroeder #303

Subject: boom vang