[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 28 06:07:39 PDT 2006

Dan,
    My thoughts are that you will have increased wetted surface so slower, centre of resistance moved aft, so increased helm, and no power for getting through waves. Don't do anything you can't change back if the motor is too dangerous, because of a lack of power,  to use the boat safely. Having run
both LP gas and electric fork lifts, there is no question of which is more powerful, and that was with 1400 lbs of battery.
Don #528