[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:16:19 PDT 2006

On the other hand, I assume that you can also take into account the effect
of removing your gas tank and whatever fuel you were storing.

How far aft do you plan to put the batteries?

How much does your electric motor weigh?

I thought about the electric solution a lot when I was repowering and I even
got some quotes. Ultimately I disqualified it mostly because of expense. But
having completed the diesel repowering now, I am not sure that the electric
solution would really have been that much more expensive (there were a lot
of hidden costs with the diesel that may not have been present with
electric...)

I'd be interested in hearing more about what in particular you are
doing...what kind of motor did you get, and how much horsepower is it?

Later,

JB