[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 06:29:13 PDT 2006

yes john, no gasoline.
  i was told i can motor 25 to 50 mile before empty. supposedly th batts will recharge as i sail. the system has "smart" chargers that i am to plug in while at the dock. i wont know until next springs sea trials how well any of this works. the owner of the company is an electrical engineer and a horrible salesman. that helped a lot in my decision to give the asmo a try. will report in---good or bad when i REALLY know the answers from experience
  dan

John Boor <mahseer at kos.net> wrote:
  > i already bit the bullet on the electric.
> i considered just getting the grey back to snuff, but do not want any
> gas on board.
> my projected useage of rascal for the next five years the electric
> seemed the best

Dan
I have 3 questions.
What is your projected running time on the batteries before recharging
,and what is your charging regime. Am I right in thinking that you refere
to no gas onboard as gasoline and not gas used for cooking.

Regards
John Boor
MAHSEER #380