[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Fri Sep 29 07:26:19 PDT 2006

> yes john, no gasoline.
>   i was told i can motor 25 to 50 mile before empty. supposedly th batts
> will recharge as i sail. the system has "smart" chargers that i am to
> plug in while at the dock. i wont know until next springs sea trials how
> well any of this works.

Dan

I am looking in to solar panels to recharge my house batteries(4x 225Ahr
6volt batteries) my concern is that 2 80watt panels at about 30x48in each
will just keep my batteries charged when I use my refridgeration (2.5Amps
per hour) this is with full sun (no shadows on the panels)all day. With
your 48 volt system and limited sun hours I cannot see your bateries beind
charged very much while sailing. I hope you have resolved this problem.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380