[Public-list] weight distribution and electric power

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 08:23:56 PDT 2006

I also am looking forward to seeing the hard data.

In addition to Skene, there are a number of useful propeller design books
which contain information on the subject. Gerr's "The Propeller Handbook" is
a good basic reference. An excellent more advanced reference is "Marine
Propellers and Propulsion."

At the end of the day, it's not a very exact science for us, because the
wake is poorly understood. It's basically empirical and experience-based. So
without any experience (not many people are using water generators in our
kinds of boats), it's tough to know what to expect or what to design for.

later,