[Public-list] Dripless Bearing

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Apr 9 16:22:20 PDT 2007

Peter Manika wrote:
> George, thanks for the info. Am I understanding you correctly that
> you don't care for the dripless bearing? Also, how do you do the
> rudder post?
>   Pete #154

No, because it relies on technological perfection.  There are a number
of ways that a single point of failure could sink your boat.

The rudder post on the newer boats has a packing gland, also.  The older
boats use a fiberglas tube extending above the waterline.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash