[Public-list] Removing painted lettering from gelcoat.

John Flanders jflanders at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 24 17:28:50 PDT 2007

Thank you all for your advice on removing painted lettering from my
transom. The Easy Off successfully removed the lettering, but left a
strong yellow stain on the gelcoat.  To remove this stain, I used Vim
cream with bleach. A rubbing compound also worked in a trial area.
Looking at the transom now, you wouldn't know there had been lettering.
Thank you.
John #624