[Public-list] Chain plate bolts

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Tue Apr 24 18:17:53 PDT 2007

I have replaced the chain plates as well. they were bent when I got them out. I also increased their girth as well and so the bolts will be 3/8" - definite overkill. All of this fits with the fact that all the wire for the shrouds and lowers is 1/4". The Schaefer catalogue is my source for this as they recommend chain plate sizes based on wire size.

>>> <FITZONELOVE at aol.com> 04/24/07 8:22 PM >>>
I replaced them with 5/16" bolts; it would be a good time to inspect the
chainplates as well.
Best,
Joe  #286