[Public-list] Deck/hull joint - Toe Rail - ETC

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 13:36:58 PDT 2007

Mike,

  Thanks so much for the very helpful information.

  Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on the website regarding the hull/deck joint but I did see the pictures you sent on an earlier posting.

  There are no rivets on my boat, I guess a previous owner popped them already.  The bolts are counter-sunk, but they are much longer then in the pictures.  Also, the bolts go through what looks like a fiberglass rail raised up from the deck whereas in the pictures, the deck appears flat. The teak toe rail sits on that raised rail like a cap of sorts.   I'm not sure if it's empty space or what.

  Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback.

  Off to find a Guiness...

  Bobby